Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
An addictive holiday treat made with pretzels, butter, sugar, and chocolate.
- About 8 oz mini twist pretzels
- 1 cup salted butter (do not use margarine)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 bag (2 cups) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 11x17-inch baking sheet (with edges) with parchment paper.
- Spread pretzels onto the prepared baking sheet so that they are just touching in a flat layer.
- Combine butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened, 5-10 minutes (Mixture will bubble and begin turning a lighter color when it is done). Don't let the mixture thicken much, or it will not spread well.
- Pour mixture over pretzels. It will spread more evenly once placed in the oven. This spreading can disrupt the pretzels if all of the caramel is in the center of the pan, so try to pour it over the entire pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the toffee has reached 300F-310F. This is the temperature that will result in a hard toffee result.
- Remove from oven, let cool 1 minute to allow the toffee to begin hardening. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over pretzel mixture. Bake for 2 minute more. Spread melted chocolate over pretzels with a rubber spatula.
- Cool until set, 2 to 3 hours. Break into pieces.