Quick, cheap, and easy to prepare in large quantities. This recipe is great for meal-prepping.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1-2 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb cooked chicken, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (or 2tsp garlic powder)
- 4-5 cups cooked and chilled rice (make sure to chill for at least an hour, ideally overnight)
- 8 Tbsp tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil (Optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add carrots and cook 2 minutes. Add onions, cook additional 2 minutes. Add peas and garlic, cook additional 3 minutes.
- Make room in the pan for eggs. Scramble the eggs, then mix with veggies.
- Add rice and chicken. Spread soy sauce over the rice. Cook, stirring, for 5-10 minutes on high heat until rice begins browning.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame oil. Stir. Serve immediately, with soy or teriyaki.
- Chilling the rice helps minimize the mushiness, stickyness, and starchiness of the fried rice.
- Feel free to explore other veggie or protein options.