Drunken Noodles (Pad Kee Mao)
Spicy Thai Rice Noodles - My favorite food
(Makes 2 Portions)
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken thigh or breast, cut into small chunks
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2-4 Thai Chiles
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb of bok choy, chunked
- 12-16oz wide rice noodles, cut into 1 in. strips
- 1 cup thai basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Golden Mountain Sauce, or substitute more soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- (Optional) Marinate the chicken in a splash of Soy Sauce
- Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Grind the garlic and chiles into a paste along with a pinch of salt
- In a large pan over high heat, cook the chicken. Set aside.
- Add the garlic/chile paste to the pan with some oil and fry until fragrant. Don't burn.
- Add onion and the non-leafy parts of the bok choy. Fry for a minute or two. Stir lots to coat with the paste.
- Add the noodles and the sauce. Stir to coat noodles, then allow noodles to char slightly (2-ish minutes).
- Add the basil and leafy parts of the bok choy. Lower heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until wilted.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Cook one portion at a time or the noodles will get too soggy / chewy