A fairly spicy, chunky chili.
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 lb ground italian sausage
- 3 x 15oz cans of chili beans, drained
- 2 x 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic, or 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cubes beef bouillon
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cook the ground meats, drain excess grease.
- Add meat, beans, veggies, and spices to a large stockpot or crockpot.
- Cook - If cooking in a stockpot: bring to a boil, then simmer for at least 1.5 hours. If cooking in a crockpot: cook for at least 2 hours on high, or 4 hours on low. You'll need to stir occasionally for the first 30 minutes, but then the chili can be left alone to cook.
- Feel free to adjust the spice mixture to your taste - add or subtract cayenne and chili powder to adjust heat.